Sunday, February 5, 2012

January Monologue


To The Last Day of January

Yesterday, the last day for me writing the everyday unwritten letters, something I’ve done for quite a while. If you ask me why I stop writing them, I’ll simply answer, “For the first time in my life, I’m happy.”


Yesterday, I bumped into someone who reminded me of some others who made me smile before I met you. And that someone was you. Love came simply because I was in the right place, at the right time, with the right one. And that right one was you.


Yesterday, I fell in love with the same person twice; once when you greeted me and once when you said goodbye. After 24 hours, my heart continues to move in this exact pattern, without fail, every time. I can never define “love” with words, but whenever I see you, hear you, or think of you, I can feel what it is.


Yesterday, I learned something. Something about a bittersweet tinged with emotion little thing called love. Love is unplanned. And it doesn’t need a reason. But when love is true, it becomes your plan and your reason to live the day.


Yesterday, the day the love has gone since. But even after it is no longer around, it never really leaves. You never really have to stop loving someone, but sometimes you do have to learn to live without them. Because love doesn’t hurt. Lie, cheat, and fool around with other’s feelings and emotions does. So, as long as you have someone to love, be thankful. Because the time while you have love in your life, some others somewhere else are desperately fighting for theirs.


Yesterday. Today. Love is always a matter of a “when”, not an “if”. And I’m glad I’ve had it.

February 1st, 2012
― An Occasional Lover

No comments: