Sunday, February 5, 2012

To a Stranger I’ve Never Met


Hello stranger!
Here’s a little silly yet dull story for you. It all started this morning, without really knowing how, why or from where. Some kind of an unexplained scheme from the work of mind and heart, perhaps.

Hi stranger!
Stepping outside from home this morning, for some reasons, I felt so uplifted. Everything looked nice; the fresh air, the sweet smell of petrichor from the rain that washed away the city the night before, and the people who were just plain friendly. Even some strangers I met on the street smiled back at me, after I smiled at them first of course. What happened to this city? It wasn’t like the usual routine, or was it me who had been too ignorant all this time?

And now here I am, standing in the city park. The whole city is bright. What have I been doing down all this time? Standing still makes more sense for someone who dreads moving on, but I have been doing the complete of opposite for quite a while. I can’t move and I don’t know why, but I’m happy although I don’t know why. So much uncertainty, that is, and when I try to clear things up, the only response I get involve me needing to rush. Exhausted but happy. That’s what happens.

And oh stranger!
I have a feeling that anytime of the day, I might be falling in love. With a stranger I’ve never met. Could it be you? Will it be really falling in love? Or just a good, safe and comfortable feeling that grows inside my heart? Call me weird, but I think I’m in love. Call me crazy, but I believe I have fallen for you. Whoever you are.

Dear stranger, I’m on my way. Catch me when I fall, will you?


January 25, 2012,
From: An irregular optimist.

No comments: